Each Different, All Beautiful
Have you ever stepped inside a church where you didn’t feel welcome? Perhaps you were raised in one kind of church and wanted to visit another or perhaps you were just on vacation and walked into the closest church. Instead of feeling welcomed, you felt rejected. They may have shaken your hand and said, “Welcome,” but the words seemed empty. Then the pastor spoke, and your particular denomination was used as an example of something derogatory. At Boca UCC all are welcome regardless of religious background.
Called to Unite
The Gospel of John gives us our calling: “That they may all be one” (17:21). We are called to be united, as a church and as a people. We take this calling seriously, and that is why the UCC is not rigidly attached to a particular structure, doctrine, or creed.
Christ our Center
We are committed to spiritual growth in Jesus Christ and welcome everyone, regardless of religious background, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identification, culture or race. We try to live this unity and love especially in the midst of God’s wonderful diversity and the Lord’s invitation for all to seek God’s will for their lives. This is why we are united around the four words: Each Different, All Beautiful!
Much Is Accomplished Together at Boca UCC
United, the sky is the limit:
- We reach out to our community both locally and across borders
- We work with Boca Helping Hands to provide food and emergency assistance
- We make comfort dolls and give them to children who find themselves in stressful situations
- We work with National Disaster Ministries programs to help communities and people impacted by disasters
- We participate in Food for the Poor’s world-wide effort to fight hunger and its impact on women, children, and men
- Together, we lift up the least of God’s children
First, come worship this Sunday at Boca UCC. We love to meet new people. You are invited and welcome at Congregational Church of Boca Raton United Church of Christ—not just with a hand shake, or a “welcome,” but sincerely welcome. Everyone is welcome! It is our God-given mission.
Then, find where your passion meets God’s purpose for you. Join others in ministries already occurring or start your own. Get together in one of our small groups or Bible studies. Or just sit back and soak in the really good spirit here. It will make a positive difference for the coming week.